1 a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it); "there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare" [syn: connexion, connectedness] [ant: unconnectedness]
2 the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable" [syn: link, connectedness] [ant: disjunction]
3 an instrumentality that connects; "he soldered the connection"; "he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers" [syn: connexion, connector, connecter, connective]
4 (usually plural) a person who is influential and to whom you are connected in some way (as by family or friendship); "he has powerful connections"
5 the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination; "conditioning is a form of learning by association" [syn: association, connexion]
7 a supplier (especially of narcotics)
8 shifting from one form of transportation to another; "the plane was late and he missed his connection in Atlanta" [syn: connexion]
9 the act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication); "the joining of hands around the table"; "there was a connection via the internet" [syn: joining, connexion]
EtymologyFrom connexion < connexio "a conclusion, binding together" < connectō, an alternative spelling of cōnectō "I bind together" < compound of co- "together" and nectō "I bind"
- The act of connecting.
- The point at which two or more things are connected.
- A feeling of understanding and ease of communication between two or more people.
- An established telephone call.
act of connecting
point at which two or more things are joined
feeling of understanding and ease of communication between two or more people
an established telephone call
Connection, Connected, Connectivity, or Connexion may refer to:
- Connected (Stereo MC's album) is a 1992 album by the Stereo MC's
- "Connected" (Stereo MCs song) is a 1992 song by the Stereo MC's
- Connected (Foreign Exchange album) is an album by The Foreign Exchange
- "Connected" (Ayumi Hamasaki song), a song by Ayumi Hamasaki.
- "Connected" (RBD song), a song by RBD.
- "Connection" (Elastica song), a song released by the britpop group Elastica
- "Connection (Rolling Stones song)", a song by the Rolling Stones.
- Connection (dance), the primary means of communication between the lead and follow
- "Connection", a song by Avail from their 1992 album Satiate
- Connect Music Festival, which is held in Inverary, Scotland
- Connected category, a category in which, for every two objects, there is at least one morphism connecting them
- Connected space, a topological space which cannot be written as the disjoint union of two or more nonempty open spaces
- Connected sum
- Connection (mathematics), a way of specifying a derivative of a vector field along another vector field on a manifold
- Levi-Civita connection, used in general relativity
- Connectedness, in mathematics, a property of a topological space, graph or category (with different meanings)
- Connectivity (computer science)
- Connectivity (graph theory)
- The effect of a fastener
- Connections (game)
- Database Connection
- Electrical connection, allows the flow of electrons
- Interconnectivity, in science, the redundant interaction of many small parts to form a greater whole.
- Landscape connectivity
- Telecommunication circuit, the complete path between two terminals
- Connections (The Entertainment Technology Magazine)
- [[Connectivity-A Ferdism flooring term to explain how one floor transitions to another, See also green mango diet; and how long toenails cause gout]]*Sportsnet Connected, a sports news program that airs in Canada
- The Yogurt Connection, a drug ring
- Connect Yorkshire, a not-for-profit business network.
Connections may refer to:
Connexion or Connexxion may refer to:
Connect may refer to:
Connected may refer to:
- Connected, 2007 comedy televisions series
connection in Chuvash: Çыхăну
connection in Danish: Forbindelse
connection in German: Anschluss
connection in French: Connexion
connection in Hungarian: Kapcsolat
connection in Dutch: Aansluiting
connection in Russian: Связь
ESP, Indian file, abutment, abuttal, access, accord, accounting for, acquaintance, act of love, addition, adjacency, adjoiningness, adjunct, adultery, affairs, affiliation, affinity, agent, agglomeration, agglutination, aggregation, agnation, aisle, alley, alliance, ally, ambulatory, ancestry, ankle, answer, answerability, aperture, aphrodisia, applicability, application, appointment, appositeness, apposition, appropriateness, approximation, appulse, arbitrator, arcade, array, arrogation, artery, articulation, ascription, ass, assemblage, assignation, assignment, association, attachment, attribution, avenue, balling, bank, bearing, berth, billet, blame, blood, blood relationship, bond, boundary, bracketing, broker, brotherhood, brothership, butt, buzz, carnal knowledge, catena, catenation, cervix, chain, chain reaction, chaining, channel, charge, church, climax, clinch, cloister, closeness, closure, clustering, cognation, cohabitation, coherence, coition, coitus, coitus interruptus, colonnade, combination, commerce, common ancestry, common descent, communication, communion, concatenation, concern, concernment, concourse, concurrence, conduit, confluence, congeries, conglomeration, congress, conjugation, conjunction, connectedness, connecting, connecting link, connecting rod, connection with, connections, consanguinity, consecution, consecutiveness, consistency, contact, conterminousness, contiguity, continuity, continuum, contrariety, convergence, conversation, converse, copula, copulation, correlation, correspondence, corridor, coterminousness, coupling, course, cousinhood, cousinship, covered way, credit, creed, cult, cycle, dealing, dealings, deduction, defile, denomination, deputy, derivation from, descent, diddling, disjunction, distributor, dovetail, drag, drone, elbow, embrace, enation, endless belt, endless round, etiology, exchange, exit, faith, family, family connection, fatherhood, ferry, file, filiation, ford, fornication, fraternity, friend at court, front, front man, gallery, gamut, gathering, germaneness, gliding joint, go-between, gradation, hinge, hinged joint, hip, homology, honor, hookup, hum, imputation, influence, information, inlet, interaction, interagent, interceder, intercessor, interchange, intercommunication, intercommunion, intercourse, interest, interface, interlinking, intermediary, intermediate, intermediate agent, intermediator, intermedium, internuncio, interplay, interpleader, interrelationship, intersection, intervener, interventor, intimacy, job, jobber, join, joinder, joining, joint, jointure, junction, juncture, juxtaposition, kin, kindred, kinship, kith and kin, knee, knotting, knuckle, lane, liaison, line, lineage, linguistic intercourse, link, linkage, linking, lovemaking, making it with, marital affinity, marital relations, marriage, marriage act, marriage connection, marriage relationship, materiality, maternity, mating, matrilineage, matriliny, matrisib, matrocliny, meat, mediary, mediator, medium, meeting, merger, merging, message, middleman, miter, monotone, mortise, motherhood, mouthpiece, mutual attraction, nearness, neck, negotiant, negotiator, negotiatress, negotiatrix, nexus, office, ombudsman, onanism, opening, orderliness, orgasm, outlet, overpass, ovum, pairing, palaetiology, pareunia, partnership, pass, passage, passageway, paternity, patrilineage, patriliny, patrisib, patrocliny, pendulum, perigee, perihelion, periodicity, persuasion, pertinence, pivot, pivot joint, place, placement, plenum, portico, position, post, powder train, procreation, progression, propinquity, proximity, pull, queue, rabbet, railroad tunnel, range, rank, rapport, recurrence, reference, reference to, regard, relatedness, relation, relations, relationship, relatives, relevance, reply, respect, response, responsibility, reticulation, rotation, round, routine, row, run, saddling, scale, scarf, screwing, seam, sect, sequence, series, sex, sex act, sexual climax, sexual commerce, sexual congress, sexual intercourse, sexual relations, sexual union, shoulder, sibship, similarity, single file, sisterhood, sistership, situation, sleeping with, social intercourse, speaking, spectrum, speech, speech circuit, speech situation, sperm, splice, spokesman, spokeswoman, spot, stitch, string, succession, suture, swath, symbiosis, sympathy, symphysis, syzygy, talking, telepathy, thread, tie, tie rod, tie-in, tie-up, tier, ties of blood, togetherness, toggle, toggle joint, touch, traffic, train, traject, trajet, truck, tunnel, two-way communication, underpass, unification, union, uniting, venery, weld, wholesaler, windrow, wrist, yoking